Fire crews battle Ramsey bonfire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a bonfire in Ramsey.
One crew from the town was called to South Walk at 10.23pm on Sunday (May 25). A large bonfire involving household waste and plastic recyclables - measuring about 2m by 2m- had been left unattended near to an occupied house.
They used hose reels to extinguish it before returning to their stations by 11.20pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Rather than light a bonfire to dispose of rubbish, CFRS would always recommend residents take it to a household waste and recycling centre.
You may also want to watch:
“If you are going to light a bonfire, always take great care. Be sure to never leave it unsupervised, check the wind direction, build it well away from other structures or flammable materials, and never pour accelerant on it.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse