Firefighters tackled a bonfire in Ramsey.

One crew from the town was called to South Walk at 10.23pm on Sunday (May 25). A large bonfire involving household waste and plastic recyclables - measuring about 2m by 2m- had been left unattended near to an occupied house.

They used hose reels to extinguish it before returning to their stations by 11.20pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Rather than light a bonfire to dispose of rubbish, CFRS would always recommend residents take it to a household waste and recycling centre.

"If you are going to light a bonfire, always take great care. Be sure to never leave it unsupervised, check the wind direction, build it well away from other structures or flammable materials, and never pour accelerant on it."