Fire crews battle blaze in grain drying machine
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a grain drying machine in Stow Longa started accidentally, according to investigators.
Firefighters from Huntingdon and St Ives, and an aerial appliance from Bedfordshire, were called to a call to a fire in a grain drier in Kimbolton Road, Stow Longa, at about 9pm on Thursday night.
Firefighters used working at specialist equipment and thermal imaging cameras to locate the fire and hose reels to extinguish the fire.
Corn was removed from the dryer to assist firefighting operations.
An aerial appliance from Bedfordshire was required to assist with firefighting operations. The fire was under control and extinguished by 12.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 1am.
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was accidental, by machinery.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'