Fire crew help St Neots woman who set fire to Christmas pudding in microwave
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a flat in St Neots on Friday (January 13) to reports of a kitchen fire that was started by an overcooked Christmas pudding.
A crew from St Neots was sent to a flat in Old Market Court, in Tebbutts Road, at 9.30pm after a woman left the festive dessert in a microwave too long causing smoke and fumes to fill her flat.
They administered an oxygen mask to the woman, who had suffered an asthma attack after she inhaled smoke from the microwave.
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “When using a microwave, always read the manufacturer’s instructions to determine how long to cook food for.
“New research carried out by Cambridgeshire Fire showed that 50 per cent of fires started in the kitchen making it the most dangerous room in the house.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier on in the evening, a crew from Kimbolton was sent to a chimney fire in Yeomans Close, Catworth at 6.25pm. They extinguished the fire using specialist chimney equipment and returned to their base at 7pm.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house