Fire breaks out in Huntingdonshire cottage

A BLAZE broke out in a cottage after a large chimney caught fire.

Rescue crews from Sawtry were called to the house in Infields Road, Glatton, Huntingdonshire at 11.25am on Monday (December 27).

They used hose reels, chimney rods and a jet to extinguish the flames and returned to their base by 12.55pm.

A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Please make sure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter