Fire breaks out in chimney of Huntingdonshire village home
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters extinguished a chimney fire in Bluntisham last night (Thursday).
Crews from Huntingdon and Chatteris were sent to a three-storey house in High Street at 7.21pm after the fire broke out in the home.
They requested the turntable ladder from Cambridge to access the roof of the property.
The road was closed while firefighters put out the fire.
Jon Wade, watch commander at Huntingdon, said: “This was a difficult chimney fire but crews worked well to effectively extinguish it.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents should have their chimney swept regularly and their brickwork inspected once a year to help prevent chimney fires.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'