Fire breaks out in chimney of Huntingdonshire village home
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters extinguished a chimney fire in Bluntisham last night (Thursday).
Crews from Huntingdon and Chatteris were sent to a three-storey house in High Street at 7.21pm after the fire broke out in the home.
They requested the turntable ladder from Cambridge to access the roof of the property.
The road was closed while firefighters put out the fire.
Jon Wade, watch commander at Huntingdon, said: “This was a difficult chimney fire but crews worked well to effectively extinguish it.
“Residents should have their chimney swept regularly and their brickwork inspected once a year to help prevent chimney fires.”