Fire breaks out at St Neots telephone exchange

Firefighters battled a blaze at the telephone exchange in St Neots.

A crew from the town was called to the fire in Tan Yard at 5.16pm yesterday (Sunday), where a high voltage power cable inside the engine room had caught fire.

Wearing breathing apparatus, two firefighters used a hose reel and two CO2 extinguishers to put out the flames. Fans were then used to clear smoke from the building.

Crews returned to base by 8.05pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter