Fire breaks out at St Ives industrial estate
- Credit: Archant
More than 30 firefighters from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue are currently tackling a fire at an industrial estate in St Ives.
The blaze, in Caxton Road, is believed to be at a recycling centre, with crews using jets, including an aerial one, to try and contain the fire.
Police were also called to the scene around 3pm, and say the road to the BP garage was being closed around 3.30pm to the mini roundabout at Somersham.
It is believed the garage has been shut as a precaution.
A passer-by, Chris Cannon, said: “The smoke was a huge great thing. They’ve shut off all the roads around it.”
You may also want to watch:
Traffic delays are now expected around the area, but closures have been lifted on the B1040 and A1123, and in Marley Road and Burrell Road.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue are urging people who live nearby to keep windows and doors shut.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
More information to follow.