Fire breaks out at Huntingdonshire home
A BLOCKED chimney caused a fire at a Huntingdonshire home.
Debris from a birds’ nest in the chimney breast of an Inglebrook fire place caused the blaze to break out at the property at Spaldwick Road, Stow Longa, at 9pm on Sunday (January 2).
Fire fighters spent the next four hours tackling the flames as the incident proved difficult to tackle.
Crews from Kimbolton and Huntingdon, who were assisted by the turntable ladder from Cambridge, had to cut away at a wooden beam inside the chimney breast and used chimney rods to dislodge the blockage.
They then tackled a second fire further up the chimney breast.
You may also want to watch:
The fire itself was contained to the chimney but there was smoke damage elsewhere in the property.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Please ensure you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year