Fire breaks out at Forward Composites in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in a Huntingdon warehouse this morning (Friday).
More than 40 firefighters tackled a blaze at Forward Composites in Clifton Road for three hours.
A crew from Huntingdon attended an automatic fire alarm activation at the single-storey industrial unit at 2.44am. They arrived to discover a fire measuring 25m x 50m and called for back up.
Firefighters from St Ives, St Neots, Sawtry, Ramsey and Chatteris joined the effort.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Crews reported that the fire was affecting a single-storey engineering building. At one time there were nine firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackling the fire using jets.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire, which affected a piece of machinery, was brought under control at 5.41am.
Despite the drama, it was “business as usual”, said Forward Composites managing director Paul Jackson.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
Fire investigators believe the cause of fire to be accidental.