THREE tons of straw caught fire at a processing unit in Tilbrook last night (Tuesday). Crews spent more than two-and-a-half hours bringing the fire under control at Sundown Products in Station Road, Tilbrook. They were called at 9.41pm and when two crews from St Neots arrived at the scene at 10.03pm they found straw on fire in one of the facilitys grinding tubs. Shortly before midnight four further appliances were called to bring more breathing apparatus to help tackle the fire, and it was brought under control an hour later. A fire service spokesman said the cause of the fire may have been stones, which are sometimes found in the straw, sparking off the equipment. All crews had returned to their bases by 2.08am.