Fire at St Ives home

EMERGENCY crews were called to a St Ives home after wax got into an open fire.

The householder dialled 999 at 6.15pm yesterday (Thursday, December 30) after the fire flared up at the property in Hemingford Road, St Ives.

A crew extinguished the fire using a C02 extinguisher and returned to St Ives Fire Station by 7.10pm.

A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “If you have an open fire, don’t put candles too close to the fire and ensure they are in proper containers that collect the wax.

“Also make sure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus