Fire at Marshalls Mono was accidental

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire at a building supplies manufacturer in St Ives yesterday.

Crews from St Ives, Papworth and Huntingdon attended the blaze, which had started when a kiln became overheated, at Marshalls Mono in Meadow Lane around 3.50pm.

They used one hose reel to extinguish the flames and returned to their fire station by 4.55pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter