Fire at Cumberland Way, Eynesbury caused accidentally
A BOILER fire which caused extensive damage to an Eynesbury house was caused by overheating wires.
Two crews from St Neots and Gamlingay were called to the fire in Cumberland Way at 9.15am. When they arrived at the scene the entire house was heavily smoke logged.
Firefighters extinguished the fire using jets and a hose reel and returned to their stations by 10.40am.
The boiler was destroyed, and the upstairs of the house was smoke damaged.
Jon-Paul Jones, watch commander at St Neots said: “It is very fortunate that someone in the property discovered the fire before it spread too far, as there was no smoke alarm fitted.
You may also want to watch:
“A smoke alarm will give you the earliest possible warning of a fire, and if you are not in it is more likely to alert your neighbours before the fire spreads too far.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity