Fire at 16th century home
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze at a 16th century property in Papworth St Agnes yesterday (November 6).
A crew from Huntingdon were called to the scene at 12.40pm, where a chimney had caught light and smoke was escaping from all levels of the eaves of the roof.
They used chimney rodding, hose reels and drags to extinguish the fire before using a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.
Crews had returned to their stations by 5.10pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokeswoman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k