Find out more and win prizes during council’s recycling week activities
- Credit: Archant
Householders in the district are being encouraged to think harder about recycling.
Recycle Week runs from September 25 to October 1 and this year’s theme is: It’s Worth It. Huntingdonshire District Council wants residents to get involved in various activities it has organised during the period,
Councillor Jim White, executive councillor for operations, said: “We want to encourage our residents to join us this recycle week to learn more about recycling in Huntingdonshire. A fantastic 54 per cent of all waste collected throughout the district is recycled, however there is always a bit more we can all do. I would encourage all our residents to visit one of the events during recycle week to find out more.”
Throughout the week there will be lots of tips and advice on recycling at home and competitions. People can win prizes, which include swimming passes and restaurant vouchers.
The council’s waste minimisation team will be out and about throughout the week to encourage everyone to recycle more, demonstrate the numerous benefits of recycling and answer any questions people may have regarding waste.
September 25 – visit the team at St Ives Market from 9am until 3pm. Take a short survey to be entered into a free prize draw.
September 27 – the team will be joining students at Ramsey Abbey College for a lunch time session to encourage recycling within the school.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 7 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
From 7pm listen to Huntingdon Community Radio to hear the team talking about recycle week, with tips and advice on recycling in Huntingdonshire.
September 29 – visit the team at Tesco, in Huntingdon, from 10am until 4pm for advice on recycling around the home.
September 30 – Join the team at Huntingdon Market from 8am until 4pm. Make a pledge to recycle a new item from around the house and discover the usual suspects which are not often recycled.
For more information visit www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/recycle week.