Final countdown until Huntingdonshire photography competition winners are announced
- Credit: Archant
The wait is almost over to discover which of more than 900 entries for The Hunts Post 2015 Photo Competition have been picked as winners.
All the photos are due to go on display in an exhibition at The Priory Centre in St Neots, open to members of the public from 10am-4.30pm on Saturday (March 28).
Shirley Kevern, of St Neots and District Camera Club, which teamed up with The Hunts Post to organise the contest, said it would be the biggest event the club had ever held. “I’m delighted it has gone so well,” she added. “We’re going to have a really good exhibition and we’ll be joined by the president of the East Anglian Federation of Photographic Societies Robert Norris.”
Each of the entries has been printed and mounted and will be displayed alongside images taken by club members, as well as a stand for the Huntingdonshire local group of the Wildlife Trust, which has sponsored a wildlife category.
In the adult section, winners have been selected by judges from a shortlist of 75 entries, out of a total of 907. All winners will be revealed at the exhibition, not long after it opens at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The exhibition is at The Priory Centre, Priory Lane, St Neots, from 10am-4.30pm on Saturday (March 28). Entry £1, under 16s free. The entries will also be available to view via www.huntspost.co.uk from Monday (March 30).
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity