Fight for your post office
COMMUNITIES must pull together to fight for their post office services, the watchdog for branch users has said. Linda McCord, from Postwatch East, said that people living near threatened branches must present a strong case to ensure that even if their loc
COMMUNITIES must pull together to fight for their post office services, the watchdog for branch users has said.
Linda McCord, from Postwatch East, said that people living near threatened branches must present a strong case to ensure that even if their local post office shuts, vital services are not lost.
Ms McCord said: "The consultation period is about people making the needs of their village clear to Post Office Ltd.
"The proposals can change, branches can be saved and increased hours of mobile services can be secured.
"If people want to try and stop their branch from closing they must find clear, practical reasons why closing it will cause problems. That is what Post Office Ltd will listen to."
An example, which was successful in saving a post office in Norfolk, included proving the next nearest branch would not be able to cope with increased customers. Campaigners should also look at available transport links and the practicalities involved.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
INFORMATION: The consultation period, which began yesterday, ends on August 26. Responses should be sent to: National Consultation Team, Post Office Ltd, FREEPOST CONSULTATION TEAM. E-mail responses should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org