Care home residents enjoy annual summer fete
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a care home in St Ives were joined by some four-legged friends for a day of family fun at its annual summer fete.
There was something for everyone to enjoy at Care UK’s Field Lodge in London Road, from a bouncy castle and ice cream cart for younger visitors, to traditional summer fete games, including a tombola and raffle.
The highlight for many residents and visitors on the day was getting up close to some new furry friends when Cullum Farm arrived with Shetland ponies and lambs to join in the summer celebrations.
The care home’s chefs also prepared a delicious barbecue, while local acoustic artist, Bethany Jane, entertained everyone with a live performance.
Linda Martinez, home manager at Field Lodge, said: “Our summer fête was a fun-filled day for both residents and visitors alike. There was laughter and smiles all around as everyone enjoyed taking part in activities and meeting the animals.
“It was heart-warming to see everyone interacting so positively with the Shetland ponies in particular, their visit definitely made the day extra special.
“I’d like to thank everyone for joining our summer fête and getting involved in all of the fun, we hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Field Lodge is a modern purpose-built care home providing full-time residential, nursing, and dementia care, as well as short-term respite care. Designed to enable residents to live enjoyable and fulfilling lives, the care home has a choice of lounges and dining rooms along with facilities such as an activity room, cinema and a hairdressing salon.
For more information on Field Lodge, please call customer relations manager Julie May, on 01480 878 073, or email email@example.com.
For general information please visit, careuk.com/field-lodge.