Festive fun at annual Pensioners’ Christmas Lunch in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Town Council welcomed more than 120 people to its annual Pensioners’ Christmas Lunch at the Medway Centre on December 2.
Huntingdon firm Steve’s Private Hire and Huntingdon Tesco Extra sponsored this year’s event, with £2,500 donated towards gifts and prizes for the event along with 130 Christmas hampers and table decorations for the lunch.
The guests, including residents from local care homes, enjoyed a Christmas meal with all the trimmings, served by town councillors, staff members and volunteers.
After lunch, the guests were treated to a Christmas carol performance by pupils from Hartford Community Junior School. The mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Daryl Brown, was also in attendance.
The afternoon ended with a raffle, where guests had the chance to win a range of prizes courtesy of Steve’s Private Hire.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the town council said: “We would like to thank everyone involved for all their hard work in making the event such a success, and ensuring everyone left with a smile on their face. Special thanks go to Marilyn Simpson for her huge efforts at the pensioners’ parties over the past 10 years.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder