Festive fun at annual Pensioners’ Christmas Lunch in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Town Council welcomed more than 120 people to its annual Pensioners’ Christmas Lunch at the Medway Centre on December 2.
Huntingdon firm Steve’s Private Hire and Huntingdon Tesco Extra sponsored this year’s event, with £2,500 donated towards gifts and prizes for the event along with 130 Christmas hampers and table decorations for the lunch.
The guests, including residents from local care homes, enjoyed a Christmas meal with all the trimmings, served by town councillors, staff members and volunteers.
After lunch, the guests were treated to a Christmas carol performance by pupils from Hartford Community Junior School. The mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Daryl Brown, was also in attendance.
The afternoon ended with a raffle, where guests had the chance to win a range of prizes courtesy of Steve’s Private Hire.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the town council said: “We would like to thank everyone involved for all their hard work in making the event such a success, and ensuring everyone left with a smile on their face. Special thanks go to Marilyn Simpson for her huge efforts at the pensioners’ parties over the past 10 years.”
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery