Firefighters rescued the man from his bedroom window after a blaze that started in the roof of his bungalow in Peartree Close and spread to a neighbours home. The man had been asleep in bed when the roof above him collapsed before firefighters arrived on the scene at 3.23am. He was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital with suspected smoke inhalation. Crews from Huntingdon, Ramsey, Cambridge and Sawston fought the fire, described as severe and well developed on arrival. The fire was under control by 5.03am but firefighters remained on scene until 8.05am as a precaution. Callum Faint, station commander at CFRS, said: We rescued one man who was still asleep in the bedroom of the building and it is a miracle that he survived the roof collapse prior to our arrival. Crews worked tirelessly to stop the fire spreading to the next door property but unfortunately we were unsuccessful and the neighbours roof was damaged. One house is totally destroyed and the roof of another is structurally unsafe. The cause of the fire is accidental.