Fenstanton GP surgery to relocate
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
A DOCTORS surgery in Fenstanton is relocating after the lease at its old premises was terminated.
However Northcote House Surgery, which also has a practice in Broad Leas, St Ives, says its new location at 7E Fenstanton High Street will offer “improved facilities” once it opens in March or April this year.
The village has had its GP surgery at Sycamore House, in Bell Lane, for many years but documents submitted to Huntingdonshire District Council’s planning department revealed that the facility was “to be lost due to the termination of the lease”.
A spokesman for Northcote House Surgery said: “Sycamore Cottage Surgery in Bell Lane is now closed and we look forward to re-opening at 7E High Street in Fenstanton during March/April 2013.
“In the meantime, we have made provision for all patients who are usually seen at Fenstanton to be able to access services at our main surgery in St Ives until the new branch surgery is open.”
You may also want to watch:
The plans for the new surgery were submitted in November last year and have now been approved.
According to a submission in the planning documents by agents Andrew S Campbell Associates, based in St Ives, the surgery will be a “relatively small-scale practice with a limited number of healthcare professionals on the site at any one time”.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
The surgery’s opening hours will be 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, with no opening at the weekends.