Scarecrow competition in Fen Drayton was morale boost for villagers
- Credit: Alexandra Collett
Villagers in Fen Drayton have shown their creative side after taking part in a scarecrow competition.
The contest was organised by The Three Tuns pub in the village and Neve Thompson, aged 6, was announced as the winner for her creation of Fen Drayton Primary School employees.
She has won a £50 Amazon voucher and money raised from the entry fees will be donated to the NHS.
Francis Barreto, from The Three Tuns, said: “A local villager approached us about the scarecrow competition as they felt it would be great activity for the children.
“We agreed and decided to donate any money raised to the NHS, it has been a great community event.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone has really enjoyed walking around the village on their daily walk/run and seeing all the different scarecrows.
“They were really creative and definitely captured the hearts of the village.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens