Scarecrow competition in Fen Drayton to raise money for the NHS
- Credit: Francis Barreto
All money raised from the competition will go to the NHS Charities COVID-19 Appeal.
The Three Tuns Pub in Fen Drayton have launched scarecrow competition to raise money for the NHS.
Pub owner Francis Barreto got the idea from a local resident and all money raised will go to the NHS Charities COVID-19 Appeal.
Entry starts today (April 16) on The Three Tuns Pub webpage and there is a £2 entry fee.
All scarecrows need to be up, outside the houses no later than April 23, which is St George’s Day, and they can be of a famous person, a cartoon character, a favourite pet, historical figure or even a self portrait.
You may also want to watch:
The resident then needs to take a picture of the scarecrow and upload it onto The Three Tuns website.
Anyone can enter, but the winner will be a child aged 16 or under.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
People can then vote for their for their favourite scarecrow on Facebook and the winner will receive a £50 Amazon voucher. Francis said: “We felt this would be a great activity to keep the children of the village entertained and maybe the adults too.”