Investigation launched after father-of-five who was assaulted is found dead
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of father-of-five found dead at a house in Bury.
Robert Duquemin, 53, died at a property in Ringwood Close on the morning of Thursday, October 10.
Police believe Mr Duquemin was the victim of an assault on Saturday, October 5 at his home in Percy Green Place, Huntingdon.
A 23-year-old man from Huntingdon was arrested in connection with the assault and has been released on police bail.
Officers are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the assault and the subsequent death of Mr Duquemin.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Emma Pitts said the attack was being treated as an isolated incident.
She said: "Robert was a father of five and his family have been left devastated by his loss. We would like to speak to anyone with information about the assault on the Saturday before his death.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
"We particularly want to speak to anyone in the area who may have seen someone acting suspiciously in Percy Green Place at around 8pm on the day of the assault."
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting 35/71591/19. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.