Investigation launched after father-of-five who was assaulted is found dead
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of father-of-five found dead at a house in Bury.
Robert Duquemin, 53, died at a property in Ringwood Close on the morning of Thursday, October 10.
Police believe Mr Duquemin was the victim of an assault on Saturday, October 5 at his home in Percy Green Place, Huntingdon.
A 23-year-old man from Huntingdon was arrested in connection with the assault and has been released on police bail.
Officers are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the assault and the subsequent death of Mr Duquemin.
Detective Inspector Emma Pitts said the attack was being treated as an isolated incident.
She said: "Robert was a father of five and his family have been left devastated by his loss. We would like to speak to anyone with information about the assault on the Saturday before his death.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
"We particularly want to speak to anyone in the area who may have seen someone acting suspiciously in Percy Green Place at around 8pm on the day of the assault."
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting 35/71591/19. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.