Fatal crash on B660 at Old Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after his car crashed into a tree on the B660 at Old Weston near Huntingdon last night.
One fire crew from Kimbolton and one from Sutton were called to the scene at 8.55pm, where they used specialist cutting equipment to release the casualty.
The man, who is in his twenties, was pronounced dead at the scene.
He had been travelling in a Toyota Celica towards Old Weston from the Alconbury area.
Martin Ockendon, Station Commander at Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “We would urge all road users to be aware of road conditions and drive accordingly. When bad weather sets in it is important for motorists to take extra care on our county’s roads.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman added: “Police are investigating the collision and would like to speak to anyone who saw the collision or saw the Toyota travelling along the B660 just prior. Anyone with any information should contact the Roads Policing Unit on 101.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children