Young motorcyclist dies in fatal accident on A1307 near Linton in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
A young motorcyclist was killed in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday, August 29) in a road crash between Linton and Horseheath in Cambridgeshire on the A1307 road.
A police spokesman said another vehicle is believed to have been involved in the collision but to have left the scene before officers arrived.
In particular, police are keen to trace the driver of a Mercedes Sprinter van that was registered from 2016 onwards.
Police were called to the incident at 3.32am this morning.
The road has been closed to traffic and at the time of writing is still closed and investigating officers are expected to be there for most of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance crews attended but the motorcyclist, a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Enquiries are still ongoing and anyone with any information is asked to call 101 quoting incident 40 of the 29 August. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder