Farm’s open event raises funds for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
An open garden event to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and MAGPAS has been hailed a huge success.
The event took place at Ring Farm, in Holme Fen Drove, in memory of rugby stalwart Brian Abbitt and Patrick Charter.
Over the weekend the entertainment included live music from the Cambridge Jazz Company and Vicky Scrase, as well as the chance to have a picture taken with an alpaca.
Visitors were able to explore the wild flower meadow and other areas of the garden at the farm and refreshments such as homemade cakes and sandwiches with tea, kept everyone happy.
The final fund-raising total is still being calculated.
You may also want to watch:
Leanne Tyers, from the East Anglian Air Ambulance, said: “We are very grateful to the organisers for choosing us and MAGPAS as the beneficiaries of this event in memory of their close family and friends.
“It was great fun and well attended and we are thankful for all their hard work and to everyone who attended.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'