Family tribute to “devoted family man” who died in Sawtry collision
- Credit: Archant
Police have named the man who died in a crash on Friday.
Police have named a man who died in a collision near Sawtry on Friday (February 7).
At about 2.45am, a blue Toyota RAV4 was travelling on the B1090 towards Woodwalton when the vehicle left the road and careered into a water filled ditch.
Emergency services attended but despite best efforts, the driver and sole occupant of the vehicle, Clifford Dragon, 69, of The Shrubbery, Chatteris, was pronounced dead at the scene.
In a statement, his family said: "Clifford was a devoted husband and family man. Husband, Dad of five and grandfather to eight.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage should contact police on 101 quoting incident 40 of 7 February.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder