Eynesbury father and daughter to bungee jump in memory of three-month-old
- Credit: Archant
A family devastated by the loss of their three-month-old child will mark what would have been her 12th birthday with a daring leap for charity.
Nick Milton and his 16-year-old daughter Alisha are set to bungee jump 48 metres at Grafham Water next month to raise funds and awareness for those dealing with cot death and the sudden loss of a child.
Alisha and her father went into her little sister Bronwyn’s room to discover she had died in her cot while having an afternoon nap.
Mr Milton, 40, of Howitt’s Gardens, Eynesbury, said: “Alisha was only four when we found her sister so it’s been very hard on her.
“When it happened we were told we were the first people in the area to suffer a cot death for a long time.
“You don’t expect to put your daughter to bed and then go up and find her dead.”
Mr Milton also has a son, Travis, nine, who was born after Bronwyn’s death.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
The bunjee jump will take place on October 19, just 10 days before what would have been Bronwyn’s 12th birthday.
“Travis is just getting to the stage now where he is asking questions,” Mr Milton said.
“It’s sort of a celebration of her life, just something really nice to do with my daughter.
“She’s been pestering me to do something for a while, but it’s something that we’ve been wanting to do and we feel now is the right time.”
The money raised will go to the Lullaby Trust, which provides support for bereaved families dealing with the sudden death of an infant.
INFORMATION: To sponsor Nick and Alisha, go to www.justgiving.com/For-Bronwyn