Extinction Rebellion to host forest vigil in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
An international forest day vigil will be held in Huntingdon next week as part of a collaboration between Extinction Rebellion Huntingdon and other community groups.
Together with local community groups, peoples of all faith and none, Extinction Rebellion Huntingdon, will be gathering for 30mins in Huntingdon's Town Centre from 11am.
Following a prayers, poems and words, the group will be gathering for 10 minutes in silence to think about deforestation around the world.
Mary Downham from the Huntingdon Extinction Rebellion group said: 'All of life on Earth and in particular the forests that we are losing to fires, and deforestation around the world. Forests that are critical to life on Earth, the lungs of our planet and home to many beautiful creatures. There will also be a ceremonial tree planting.
'We hope that a display of our love for life will inspire others to care and look after the world more whole heartedly.
You may also want to watch:
'We believe that the climate crisis we now face will only be diverted by everyone coming together, all faiths, all community groups, standing in peaceful unity. We really hope you will join us on this auspicious day.
INFO: The groups will be gathering in Huntingdon Town Centre at 11am on Saturday March 21.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip