Explosion blows roof off garage in St Neots
- Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service
Firefighters battled a blaze after an explosion which blew the roof off a garage in St Neots.
Two crews from the town were called to Knights Close, Eaton Socon, at 11.32am today (Friday). On arrival, they found that a single storey double garage which contained tools and materials to build model aircraft was well alight.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels, jets and hydrants to extinguish the fire by 12.23pm. One male casualty was treated by firefighters at the scene for burns, before they returned to base by 1pm. The East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that they were not called to the incident.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
Watch commander Rob Robinson said: “The garage contained a number of flammable products and a leakage of such gases contributed to the fuelling of the fire, as well as to a small explosion which blew the roof off the garage.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents are reminded to be mindful of the storage of flammable products, especially when leaving them in the same place as charging electrical batteries and other electrical items. Flammable materials should always be stored according to the instructions and electrical items should be checked regularly by a qualified electrician.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home