Event to raise money for brain tumour charity at Slepe Hall in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
The community of St Ives is coming together to help a brave mum raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity.
In October last year, doctors gave Sophie Morris little more than 15 months to live and tonight (December 9) she will be gathering with family, friends and fund-raisers at Slepe Hall to add to the £20,000 they have already raised.
Sophie’s sister, Sadie Wright, said: “Tonight there is going to around 25 to 30 stalls with local business selling cakes, jewellery, art work and other items.”
Each business has paid a pitch fee for the evening which will be donated to the Brain Tumour Charity.
“There will also be tombola and a raffle with prizes including a Christmas hamper and a £250 holiday,” added Mrs Wright.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening the bar at Slepe Hall on Ramsey Road, St Ives, will be open and people will be given the chance to dance the night away.
“We hope to see around 250 people there tonight, the community has been amazing and supported us a family which motivates Sophie to keep going.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“Also Stuart Clements at Slepe Hall has been brilliant and has got behind us during every event we have wanted to put on.
The event starts at 6.30pm till 10pm and everyone is welcome to attend.
For more information on the evening contact Slepe Hall on 01480 463122.