Ernulf Academy appoints acting head
- Credit: Archant
Di Beddow has been appointed by the governing body of the St Neots Learning Partnership as acting head of Ernulf Academy.
Ms Beddow has worked in several schools in Cambridgeshire, including St Ivo, Bassingbourn Village College and Hinchingbrooke, where she was appointed acting head after Keith Nancekievill retired in 2012.
Leaving Hinchingbrooke in October 2013, she set up her own business and currently works as an educational consultant providing training for the Association of School and College Leaders, for which she is the local branch secretary.
Lisa Plowman of the St Neots Learning Partnership said: “Di knows Ernulf Academy well. She is very aware that it has come through some tough times, but that it is set to make very real progress as a high-performing, community academy.
“She is excited about working with the community and the St Neots Learning Partnership and is looking forward to take up the post.”
You may also want to watch:
The appointment follows the departure of former head Scott Preston last month.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'