Eric Pickles MP refuses permission to build Bicton Wind Farm in Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdonshire windfarm has been turned down by the Secretary of State for the Department for Communities and Local Government.
Eric Pickles MP refused Broadview Energy’s plans for Bicton Wind Farm – three turbines on land west of Bicton Industrial Estate, between Kimbolton and Stow Longa.
Mr Pickles said the harm to heritage assets outweighed the factors in favour of the wind farm.
Shailesh Vara, MP for North West Cambridgeshire said: “I am delighted that Eric Pickles has decided against these wind turbines which would have clearly been inappropriate for this area. Whilst the site is just outside my constituency, the turbines would nevertheless have had an impact on a large number of residents I represent and who live in the villages close to Kimbolton.
“This campaign has been ongoing since May 2009 and has resulted in two appeal hearings with the Planning Inspectorate at great expense to both local people and Huntingdonshire District Council. I commend the hard work put in by the Stop Bicton Wind Farm Action Group which has driven opposition to the plans and whose members I know will be delighted with this decision.
You may also want to watch:
“The communities concerned can now get back to enjoying their beautiful surroundings without the constant worry of an imposing planning application.”
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order