Eric Pickles MP refuses permission to build Bicton Wind Farm in Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdonshire windfarm has been turned down by the Secretary of State for the Department for Communities and Local Government.
Eric Pickles MP refused Broadview Energy’s plans for Bicton Wind Farm – three turbines on land west of Bicton Industrial Estate, between Kimbolton and Stow Longa.
Mr Pickles said the harm to heritage assets outweighed the factors in favour of the wind farm.
Shailesh Vara, MP for North West Cambridgeshire said: “I am delighted that Eric Pickles has decided against these wind turbines which would have clearly been inappropriate for this area. Whilst the site is just outside my constituency, the turbines would nevertheless have had an impact on a large number of residents I represent and who live in the villages close to Kimbolton.
“This campaign has been ongoing since May 2009 and has resulted in two appeal hearings with the Planning Inspectorate at great expense to both local people and Huntingdonshire District Council. I commend the hard work put in by the Stop Bicton Wind Farm Action Group which has driven opposition to the plans and whose members I know will be delighted with this decision.
You may also want to watch:
“The communities concerned can now get back to enjoying their beautiful surroundings without the constant worry of an imposing planning application.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer