Enjoy a holiday while backing our appeal!
RAISING money for a good cause could not be easier – or warmer and more relaxing.
You could spend a week in the sun at a villa in Lanzarote, content in the knowledge that the money you paid went directly to helping sick and premature babies at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Six nights at the villa, which is for four people and has its own swimming pool and jacuzzi, and is kitted out for families with young children, is just one of the auction lots that will go under the hammer at a Black and White Ball in aid of The Hunts Post’s New Life Appeal.
The auction – as well as a raffle – is taking place at the ball at the Marriott Hotel on April 2.
But the bidding process is open right now so, if you fancy one of the amazing prizes, put your bid in and it will be thrown into the mix at the live auction.
There are three other main lots to bid for:
- A package that includes a black VW Scirocco for a weekend (including insurance) and use of a holiday home at Wells-next-the- Sea
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 10 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- A family room at the Marriott Regents Park and family train travel
- A Mercedes-Benz C-Class sport saloon for a weekend
The event organiser, Teresa Hicks, whose twins were cared for at SCBU, has also organised a raffle with the prizes divided into a series of great packages.
There are days out (including an annual pass at the Raptor Foundation), meal vouchers, a washing machine, a hamper, music lessons, books, photo shoots and a baby massage course from www.mothersmassage.co.uk and other baby goods (see panel for details).
INFORMATION: You can bid for items by sending your name, address and telephone number along with the item you’re bidding for and your maximum bid to firstname.lastname@example.org. The raffle prizes will be drawn from envelopes containing donations for SCBU. Donations can be made by visiting www.justgiving.com/ scbuball – please ensure you leave your contact details. Terms and conditions do apply to some of the auction items.
The raffle prizes
- Family package one: Annual Pass Raptour Foundation, Play Barn vouchers, Measures Monday Hamper, Family swim tickets (Huntingdon One Leisure), Prima Dinner and a �15 Tesco voucher.
- Family package two: An Electrolux washing machine, Leo vouchers (Huntingdon One Leisure), six months’ supply of Coca Cola, family photo shoot (Experience More), Pizza Express two for one voucher, annual family swim pass (Everyone Active) and music lessons (age seven-17 from Clive’s Easy Learn Pop Music School).
- Lady’s package one: Fitness class vouchers (One Leisure), Pure passes (One Leisure), M&S ladies’ watch (donated by Dreamdrops), M&S chocolates and five Dreamboys tickets.
- Lady’s package two: �20 jewellery voucher, Genesis Hair Products (Genesis), facial, ladies’ hamper (donated by Deamdrops), florist centre pieces (Denise’s), �50 restaurant voucher (Cambs Cuisine).
- Men’s package one: England football shirt (Building Centre), One Leisure annual pass, a drill (Building Centre), swim vouchers (One Leisure).
- Men’s package two: Jewsons drill, a bottle of red wine (Wadsworth), books (WH Smith) and a Costa Coffee Hamper.
- Baby package: Baby massage course, Jelly Kitten rattle (Parsley Pot), Thomas the Tank Engine play mat (SCBU Parents Group), Upsy Daisy toy, baby comfort blanket, baby hamper (Dreamdrops) and photography vouchers (Andy Fountain Photography).