Empty seat at Ramsey Town Council after councillor resigns
- Credit: Archant
There is an empty seat at the table at Ramsey Town Council following the resignation of a councillor.
Peter Reeve, who represented UKIP, was elected to the town council in May last year but stepped down late last month.
The deadline for applicants to stand for the vacant seat is August 9. Ramsey Town Council can co-opt someone if the threshold for residents calling for an election is not met.
Gary Cook, clerk to the town council, said: "I have to advertise the vacancy for 14 working days, taking us to August 9. Within that period, if 10 members of the electorate call for an election then we have to go through the process of organising one.
"If not, the council can co-opt someone so I ask interested parties to write in."
You may also want to watch:
The mayor of Ramsey Councillor Steve Corney said: "I wish Peter Reeve all the best in his new career and 'thank him for his time on Ramsey Town Council."
If you would like to be considered for the vacant councillor's post, contact the town clerk on 01487 814957.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding