Employees took on virtual bike ride to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Employees from two St Neots’ businesses took on a virtual bike ride to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Beacon Wealth Management Ltd and Jeffrey Mills Solicitors smashed their initial goal of riding the 55 miles it would take to ride from London to Brighton and managed to clock up 155 miles in five hours.
The fundraising event took place on St Neots Market Square on October 24 and the teams managed to raise £300 for Stand Up To Cancer.
“The event was a great success with lots of public support and donations,” said Sarah Ray of Beacon Wealth Management.
“We had the bikes donated by Snap Fitness, cake donated to give out on the day, balloons, stickers and our fantastic raffle with all the prizes donated by local companies.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone who took part in what started off as a cycle ride and turned into a competition amongst staff seeing who could cycle the furthest in 30 minutes.”
The person who managed the most miles on the day was Leigh Eeles who cycled for 14.42 miles.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives