Emergency services cut woman free from car after collision in Wistow
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital with minor injuries following a collision in Wistow last night (Wednesday).
The incident took place in Shillow Hill, a stretch of the B1040, at around 9pm between two cars.
Fire crews from Ramsey and St Ives attended the incident in which they used specialist cutting equipment to cut a woman from a car.
An EEAST spokesman said: “We received a 999 call just after 9pm last night (January 11) to reports of a road traffic collision involving two cars on the B1040 near Wistow.
“Two ambulances, an ambulance officer, and the Magpas Air Ambulance were dispatched to help the four women involved.
You may also want to watch:
“After being given care at the scene, one woman was taken to Addenbrookes Hopsital with a suspected chest injury, and another was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital with minor injuries.”
Firefighters from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service returned to their stations by 10.23pm.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight