Police and fire services at what is thought to be a major incident in Brampton - public told to stay away
- Credit: Archant
‘The road remains closed and we would advise people to avoid the area’ - Cambridgeshire police.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service is asking people to avoid Brampton High Street due to an ongoing incident.
Fire crews were called at 10.56am this morning (Wednesday) to reports of a house fire on High Street, Brampton. Two crews from St Neots, one crew from Huntingdon and one crew from Kimbolton attended.
“Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire and prevent further spread,” said a fire service spokesperson.
“Firefighters remain at the scene. Investigations into the cause of the fire will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Please avoid the area while emergency services respond to the incident.”
Cambridgeshire police said in statement: “We were called at about 11.27am today (October 28) with reports of a house fire at a property on Brampton High Street.
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 3 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 4 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 5 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
Police fire and ambulance crews are currently at the scene. Details of injuries are unclear at this stage.
The road remains closed and we would advise people to avoid the area.