Police and fire services at what is thought to be a major incident in Brampton - public told to stay away
- Credit: Archant
‘The road remains closed and we would advise people to avoid the area’ - Cambridgeshire police.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service is asking people to avoid Brampton High Street due to an ongoing incident.
Fire crews were called at 10.56am this morning (Wednesday) to reports of a house fire on High Street, Brampton. Two crews from St Neots, one crew from Huntingdon and one crew from Kimbolton attended.
“Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire and prevent further spread,” said a fire service spokesperson.
“Firefighters remain at the scene. Investigations into the cause of the fire will take place in due course.
You may also want to watch:
Please avoid the area while emergency services respond to the incident.”
Cambridgeshire police said in statement: “We were called at about 11.27am today (October 28) with reports of a house fire at a property on Brampton High Street.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
Police fire and ambulance crews are currently at the scene. Details of injuries are unclear at this stage.
The road remains closed and we would advise people to avoid the area.