Emergency repair work on ‘burst water main’ causes traffic tailbacks in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
There are lengthy delays on the ring road in Huntingdon today (Thursday) after a water main burst, forcing contractors to close part of the road.
Emergency repairs are being carried out on the water main, located at the junction of the B1514 and George Street.
Delays began shortly before 7.30am and have continued throughout the day, with traffic stretching back to the B1044 at Godmanchester.
A spokesman for Anglian Water confirmed that its engineers were at the site.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “We are sorry for the delays being experienced by road users in Huntingdon today. Anglian Water engineers are working to repair a leaking water main close to the junction with the ring road and George Street. We are working as quickly as possible to get things back to normal.”
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being advised to expect delays. The work is expected to be completed by the end of Friday.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'