Ely dress maker set to rescue abandoned brides
- Credit: Archant
A WEDDING dress retailer has pledged to provide dresses for the five “most desperate” brides abandoned by a rogue St Neots bridal shop owner.
Brides across Huntingdonshire and beyond were left in the lurch when Claire McGeown, who was trading at Olivia Grace Bridal, in Tan Yard, claimed bankruptcy and disappeared.
Many were left without dresses and their deposits just weeks away from their wedding day.
But now, thanks to Heart Brides in Ely, five brides could still get their chance at a perfect wedding day.
Peter Bullman, co-owner of Heart Brides, said: “What we have said we will do is help five of the most desperate girls who have been let down and have eight weeks or less until their wedding day – first come first served.
“We’re also offering to help any of the other girls that have been affected and give them discounts, as long as they can show receipts that prove they are missing a dress.”
Heart Brides have dresses in stock priced from £150 all the way up to £1,000 and Mr Bullman says that any dress will be available to the five chosen brides.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Mr Bullman, who has been working in the business for over 40 years, said he is acting out of sympathy for those affected.
“It must be an awful thing to deal with when you have your wedding planned and this happens.
“It’s despicable, if we were going out of business I would call all my brides up and tell them to get down to the shop and take whatever they want.”
If you are one of the brides affected by the sudden closure of Olivia Grace in St Neots call Heart Brides on 01353 698374 or The Hunts Post on 01480 443449.