Electrical adaptor caused fire at pub in Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Fire service investigators believe an electrical adaptor was to blame for a blaze which broke out at a pub in Eaton Socon on Thursday night (April 28).
Two crews from St Neots were called to a fire on Ackerman Street at about 11.15pm.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the bar area of the Millers Arms pub.
A man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and left in the care of ambulance crews.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
You may also want to watch:
Watch Commander Rob Robinson, the officer in charge at the scene, said: “The crews arrived to find the building heavily smoke logged and did a great job ensuring the fire didn’t spread any further.
“Our investigations found the fire started from a multi-way electrical adaptor that was running numerous appliances. This can be extremely dangerous as plugging too many electrical appliances into one socket can lead to overheating.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages