Fire service investigators believe an electrical adaptor was to blame for a blaze which broke out at a pub in Eaton Socon on Thursday night (April 28).

Two crews from St Neots were called to a fire on Ackerman Street at about 11.15pm.

Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the bar area of the Millers Arms pub.

A man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and left in the care of ambulance crews.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Watch Commander Rob Robinson, the officer in charge at the scene, said: “The crews arrived to find the building heavily smoke logged and did a great job ensuring the fire didn't spread any further.

“Our investigations found the fire started from a multi-way electrical adaptor that was running numerous appliances. This can be extremely dangerous as plugging too many electrical appliances into one socket can lead to overheating.”