Elderly woman rescued from Ramsey home after electric blanket catches fire
AN elderly woman was rescued from her house after an electric blanket caught fire yesterday (Sunday).
Firefighters from Huntingdon and Ramsey were called to Hollow Lane, Ramsey, at 2.50pm to reports of smoke coming from a house.
The elderly woman was not injured.
The fire was under control by 3.20pm and the damage was believed to be confined to a bedroom.
• Four people were treated for minor injuries after a car crashed into an electricity pole in Buckden.
You may also want to watch:
An engineer made the power lines safe after the crash on Mill Road a 8.45pm on Saturday. Fire crews and the police also attended.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call Cambridgeshire police on 101.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity