Elderly couple targeted as burglars force their way into house in Buckden
- Credit: Archant
A group of five men pushed their way into a house in Buckden in a “terrifying” raid.
The incident took place last Thursday (March 10) at about 10.15pm and saw a man knock on the door of a property in Silver Street.
When an elderly couple answered the door the man said there was a problem with the water and he needed to run the taps in the property.
The couple, who are both in their 80s, became suspicious of the man and questioned him. Five men then pushed their way into the property and began searching for valuables.
The occupants of the house called the police and the men left the property empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Stuart Miller said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for the victims and we’re appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
“Distraction burglary is a despicable crime which can be carried out in a variety of ways and often on elderly and vulnerable victims.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
“There are a number of precautions people can take to reduce the risk of becoming a victim.
“It is also important that people remain vigilant to activity in their neighbourhood, particularly in areas with vulnerable or elderly residents.”