A Level Results 2021: 'Bright future' for students at Longsands Academy
- Credit: Astrea Academy Trust
An “excellent” set of A Level results for sixth form students in St Neots has led to celebrations with many accepting places at top universities.
Students at Astrea Sixth Form St Neots at Longsands Academy, part of Astrea Academy Trust, were keen to get their results this morning (August 10) following a challenging year.
Neil Owen, principal at Longsands Academy, said: “Congratulations to our sixth formers on a tremendous set of results, achieved during yet another extraordinary year in education.
“Staff have worked tirelessly to help each one reach their potential, and to help them achieve their ticket to the next exciting stage of their lives. We wish them every success.”
Among those celebrating:
Mia, who successfully secured an application at the University of Cambridge, where she will be studying archaeology.
Mia’s hard work and dedication was deservingly rewarded with her obtaining three A*s grades and two As.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 3 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 4 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 7 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
Ben, one of three students who successfully secured a fully funded four-year apprenticeship with MASS, a local IT partner of the sixth form.
This apprenticeship is an opportunity that holds on-the-job learning and further study towards a degree, and potentially a permanent role.
Ben’s devotion to his studies saw him leave with a Distinction*/Distinction* in Computing Double BTEC Award, a B grade in Physics and a B in Mathematics.
Rob, who committed to studying four A levels, including Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry.
Rob’s dedication and excellence saw him obtain four A* grades across all his subjects, helping him becoming a successful candidate to study medicine at the University of Cambridge.
Tom Walker, head of year 13 at Longsands Academy, said: “Despite the many difficulties they have faced, this year’s students have shown great determination to succeed.
“Supported by a dedicated team of tutors, they have been encouraged to aim high and work hard - and now can look forward to a very bright future. We are very proud of all they have achieved.”