eBay bids reach �305 for a date with Aimee Robinson
THE stakes are already getting high but there is still time to bid for a date with a Huntingdonshire woman and raise money for charity.
Aim�e Robinson has been overwhelmed by the response to an online auction offering the chance to be her ‘plus-one’ at her brother’s wedding on December 3 after it was featured in The Hunts Post last week.
The 25-year-old, who hopes to raise �5,000 for Diabetes UK by climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in January, opted to bypass the dating websites and put herself on the market by offering a night as her chaperone to the highest bidder on eBay.
Up until Friday, 1,000 people had viewed the page, but a temporary glitch forced Aim�e off-line over the weekend. The page is now up and running again, and potential contenders have four days left to enter.
So far 13 people have bid, with the highest amount being �305. All proceeds will go towards Aim�e’s fundraising total for Diabetes UK.
Aim�e, a PR consultant who works in London and is formerly of Little Stukeley, said: “We didn’t think it was going to go as far as it has. We have had lots of messages of support.
“People who have bid so far have been fairly young, very nice and very supportive. There has been a wide mix – we had one guy who was a comedian and an actor, and another fellow who is a diabetic and lives in Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Potential winners however will be subject to a vetting process. A small disclaimer on Aim�e’s eBay page reads should the winner be judged to be an “ill-fitting match” the prize will be offered to the next highest bidder.
INFORMATION: To find out more about Aimee go to http://aimee-robinson.blogspot.com and to make a bid go to the eBay website and search for ‘Young single girl seeks date for wedding.’ To sponsor Aim�e’s Kilimanjaro climb go to http://www.justgiving.com/Aimee-Robinson-O