eBay bids reach �305 for a date with Aimee Robinson
THE stakes are already getting high but there is still time to bid for a date with a Huntingdonshire woman and raise money for charity.
Aim�e Robinson has been overwhelmed by the response to an online auction offering the chance to be her ‘plus-one’ at her brother’s wedding on December 3 after it was featured in The Hunts Post last week.
The 25-year-old, who hopes to raise �5,000 for Diabetes UK by climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in January, opted to bypass the dating websites and put herself on the market by offering a night as her chaperone to the highest bidder on eBay.
Up until Friday, 1,000 people had viewed the page, but a temporary glitch forced Aim�e off-line over the weekend. The page is now up and running again, and potential contenders have four days left to enter.
So far 13 people have bid, with the highest amount being �305. All proceeds will go towards Aim�e’s fundraising total for Diabetes UK.
You may also want to watch:
Aim�e, a PR consultant who works in London and is formerly of Little Stukeley, said: “We didn’t think it was going to go as far as it has. We have had lots of messages of support.
“People who have bid so far have been fairly young, very nice and very supportive. There has been a wide mix – we had one guy who was a comedian and an actor, and another fellow who is a diabetic and lives in Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
Potential winners however will be subject to a vetting process. A small disclaimer on Aim�e’s eBay page reads should the winner be judged to be an “ill-fitting match” the prize will be offered to the next highest bidder.
INFORMATION: To find out more about Aimee go to http://aimee-robinson.blogspot.com and to make a bid go to the eBay website and search for ‘Young single girl seeks date for wedding.’ To sponsor Aim�e’s Kilimanjaro climb go to http://www.justgiving.com/Aimee-Robinson-O