Eaton Socon five-year-old inspires family’s charity ball
- Credit: Archant
The family of a little boy with a rare medical condition are organising a charity ball.
Earlier this year, five-year-old Emilio Saavedra was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis, or NF1, a condition affecting nerve tissue.
Emilio’s parents Mel and Jose, of Fallow Drive, Eaton Socon, have been raising money for the Neuro Foundation, which helps people affected by the disorder.
Their next fundraiser will be the Butterfly Kisses Charity Ball, named after the act of using your eyelashes to affectionately tickle a loved one. “It’s something Emilio does,” Mrs Saavedra said. “I hadn’t heard of it but a friend showed Emilio. Now at bedtime he says ‘Mummy, do a butterfly kiss’.”
The ball promises to be a glamourous event, with a three-course meal, followed by live music provided by Ignition, who last performed in St Neots at the Summer Festival and Charity Dragon Boat Race at the end of August.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a raffle and an auction, with lots including holidays and Formula 1 memorabilia.
“I thought most of my friends are mums with young kids and they don’t get to go on many nights out,” said Mrs Saavedra.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“So we thought we’d put on a really nice evening, keep it local so people can walk or get a taxi and it’s a chance to dress up, which we don’t normally do.”
The ball will be held at the Priory Centre, St Neots, from 7pm on Saturday, April 26. Dinner will be served at 7.30pm, carriages at 1am.
INFORMATION: Tickets are £50 per person. To book, call Melanie on 07932 154240, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.facebook.com/ButterflyKissesCharityBall