Bedroom blaze ‘being investigated’ after crews tackle fire in Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire police are currently at the scene of a fire in Eaton Socon after a bedroom of a bungalow caught fire.
Emergency services were called to the bungalow at around 1:30 to find a home in Queens Gardens alight.
An investigation has been launched by Cambridgeshire fire and rescue service to find out what caused the blaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 1.35pm, we were called to a house fire on Queens Gardens, Eaton Socon.
“One crew from St Neots, one crew from Gamlingay, and one crew from Huntingdon attended. Crews arrived to find a fire in the bedroom of a “bungalow.
You may also want to watch:
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels and one jet to extinguish the fire, before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke. The cause of the fire is under investigation.”
Cambridgeshire police are still at the scene a spokesman confirmed.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
A police spokesman said: “I can confirm that we are assisting the fire service with an incident in Queens Gadrens, Eaton Socon.”