Bedroom blaze ‘being investigated’ after crews tackle fire in Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire police are currently at the scene of a fire in Eaton Socon after a bedroom of a bungalow caught fire.
Emergency services were called to the bungalow at around 1:30 to find a home in Queens Gardens alight.
An investigation has been launched by Cambridgeshire fire and rescue service to find out what caused the blaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 1.35pm, we were called to a house fire on Queens Gardens, Eaton Socon.
“One crew from St Neots, one crew from Gamlingay, and one crew from Huntingdon attended. Crews arrived to find a fire in the bedroom of a “bungalow.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels and one jet to extinguish the fire, before using a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke. The cause of the fire is under investigation.”
Cambridgeshire police are still at the scene a spokesman confirmed.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
A police spokesman said: “I can confirm that we are assisting the fire service with an incident in Queens Gadrens, Eaton Socon.”